Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit, and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."
(Roman Catechism II,2,5; Cf. Council Of Florence: DS 1314; CIC, cann. 204 § 1; 849; CCEO, can. 675 § 1)
HOW TO SCHEDULE A BAPTISM DURING THIS PANDEMIC
- Call Rectory Office (718-728-1613) during regular office hours and ask to speak with a Priest.
- Have some possible dates and times ready. We usually have Baptisms on Saturday afternoons.
- All Baptisms during this Pandemic will be private baptisms. The instruction will be given as part of the ceremony.
- The Priest will check the parish calendar and his own calendar to schedule the Baptism of your child.
- Fill out the on-line Baptism Registration Form and either send it by email to Pastor@immacastoria.org or bring it to the rectory. Whether by email or by hand please accompany it with a copy of the baby's Birth Certificate.
- Godparents must be practicing Catholics over the age of 16.
- Please arrive at the Church 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- The offering for the Baptism is a free will donation of whatever you can afford and can be given to the priest at the time of the Baptism. Please make checks out to Immaculate Conception Church and place the offering in a plain white envelope with your Child's name on it.
- A Mask is required of all those who attend the Baptism. Please sit only in designated 'safe seating' locations. The number of attendees is limited to 30.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."